Site maintenance scheduled Sunday, April 21, 2019, 6 a.m.-12 noon (Central): During this time, Provider Search may be unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience.
TracFone for Members
Magellan of Virginia's SafeLink Phone Program
Magellan of Virginia members get a free phone and minutes. Members also get easy access to care support as well as health and reminder tips.
The SafeLink phone program provides free mobile phone and messaging services. It is a Lifeline program which is a federal benefit that is supported in Virginia by SafeLink Wireless. This special version of the program is for members of Virginia’s Medicaid behavioral health program.
Where can a member get technical support? Call SafeLink wireless: 1-877-631-2550
Questions and Answers
What is the goal of the program?
The goal is to make it easier for members to get care, while helping to improve the quality of care.
What does the program include?
- Free phone
- Free phone services from SafeLink Wireless
- 350 monthly calling minutes
- Free calls to Magellan of Virginia member services: 1-800-424-4046
- Free calls to 911 emergency
- Unlimited text messages
- Voicemail, caller ID and call waiting
- Free technical support
Who qualifies for the program?
- Virginia Medicaid-eligible adults age 18 and older
- Magellan of Virginia members. One member per household.
How does a member enroll in the program?
- Visit www.safelinkwireless.com to apply online (this is the fastest way to enroll).
- Use member ID to get all of the special benefits.
- Fill out the paper application and mail it back.
- Call SafeLink Wireless at 1-877-631-2550.
- Give them your member ID to get all of the special benefits.
Whose property is the phone?
The phone belongs to the member.
Does the member ever have to return the phone?
The phone does not need to be returned to Magellan of Virginia or SafeLink Wireless, even if the member is no longer part of Medicaid.
Can a member transfer this program benefit to another member?
The program benefit cannot be switched to another person.
What text messaging programs will the member agree to participate in when signing up?
Members agree to get text message services about:
- Health and wellness tips
- Reminders for appointments and wellness screenings
Can members opt out of text messaging programs?
Members can opt out of a text messaging program at any time.
What if the phone does not work?
SafeLink Wireless will replace phones that do not work. A phone might not be replaced if it shows signs that it has not been taken care of.
What should a member do if the phone is lost or stolen?
Report it to SafeLink Wireless within 48 hours. Call: 1-877-631-2550
Will a lost or stolen phone be replaced?
The lost or stolen phone will be replaced once every twelve months.
What changes should members report to SafeLink Wireless while participating?
- A change of mailing address within 30 days
- A change of email address within 30 days
- A lost or stolen phone within 48 hours
Please visit SafeLink Wireless for more information.
SafeLink Wireless® is a Lifeline supported service, a government benefit program. Only eligible consumers may enroll in Lifeline. Lifeline service is non-transferable and limited to one per household. Documentation of income or program participation may be required for enrollment. SafeLink is provided by TracFone Wireless Inc.
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.