Magellan of Virginia members get a free phone and minutes. Members also get easy access to care support as well as health and reminder tips.
The SafeLink phone program provides free mobile phone and messaging services. It is a Lifeline program which is a federal benefit that is supported in Virginia by SafeLink Wireless. This special version of the program is for members of Virginia’s Medicaid behavioral health program.
Where can a member get technical support? Call SafeLink wireless: 1-877-631-2550
If you are a current SafeLink customer, you can take advantage of the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). This benefit was designed to assist households with connectivity during the pandemic. See the SafeLink EBB flyer for details. The flyer is also available in Spanish.
Questions and Answers
The goal is to make it easier for members to get care, while helping to improve the quality of care.
- Free phone
- Free phone services from SafeLink Wireless
- 350 monthly calling minutes
- Free calls to Magellan of Virginia member services: 1-800-424-4046
- Free calls to 911 emergency
- Unlimited text messages
- Voicemail, caller ID and call waiting
- Free technical support
- Virginia Medicaid-eligible adults age 18 and older
- Magellan of Virginia members. One member per household.
The phone belongs to the member.
The phone does not need to be returned to Magellan of Virginia or SafeLink Wireless, even if the member is no longer part of Medicaid.
The program benefit cannot be switched to another person.
Members agree to get text message services about:
- Health and wellness tips
- Reminders for appointments and wellness screenings
Members can opt out of a text messaging program at any time.
SafeLink Wireless will replace phones that do not work. A phone might not be replaced if it shows signs that it has not been taken care of.
The lost or stolen phone will be replaced once every twelve months.
- A change of mailing address within 30 days
- A change of email address within 30 days
- A lost or stolen phone within 48 hours
Please visit SafeLink Wireless for more information.
SafeLink Wireless® is a Lifeline supported service, a government benefit program. Only eligible consumers may enroll in Lifeline. Lifeline service is non-transferable and limited to one per household. Documentation of income or program participation may be required for enrollment. SafeLink is provided by TracFone Wireless Inc.
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.